Innovation in transport for sustainable cities and regions
29. - 30. Nov. 2011
Polis & EESC conference
Learn about the innovative transport projects and policies pursued by cities and regions. Gain insight to the future direction of urban and regional mobility. Discuss European transport policies for urban and regional mobility.
Learn about current practice and future plans to:
- Reduce the environmental impact of road transport;
- More effectively manage the movement of people and goods;
- Deliver safer roads and a more secure transport network;
- Finance transport systems and improve accessibility and social conditions.
- Gain understanding of the research needs for sustainable mobility in cities and regions.
- Network with local and regional transport decision-makers, officers from around Europe and civil society representatives.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
- Transport professionals from public authorities;
- Decision makers at local, regional, national and EU level;
- Civil society in Europe;
- Transport industry;
- Employer and employee representatives
Abstract submission procedurePlease send an abstract (using the abstract template) before 17 June 2011 to : Suzanne Hoadley, Polis, email: email@example.com or fax: +32 (0)2 500 56 80.
Conference language: English
Further Information: http://www.polisnetwork.eu/publicevents/68/61/Polis-Annual-General-Assembly-and-Annual-Conference/