European Transport Conference 2011
10. - 12. Oct. 2011
The European Transport Conference has built its reputation on the excellence of presentations and papers and the fact that all those involved in the dissemination of transport research, the formulation of policy and the implementation of those policies and practices. It presents a great opportunity for networking and forming career-spanning professional relationships. Although sessions at the Conference can be challenging in discussing matters of policy at the highest level, they can also provide good, basic education and training opportunities - it is truly a conference for all.
Conference themes for 2011A number of \"hot topics\" are to be identified by the Association. They will be reflected in plenary presentations and throughout the technical sessions. More particularly, the Association will promote the results of discussions to a wider audience so that national and supra-national policy-makers are aware of their value. During the planning process, these topics will be reviewed and more added to ensure that discussion at ETC is up-to-the-minute.
The "hot topics" identified are:
- The economic situation facing Europe and the rest of the World - how can minimal cost-solutions be found to deliver more capacity while retaining quality?
- What do cuts in public expenditure really mean in the medium and long-term?
- Are Public/Private Partnerships the answer to delivering infrastructure?
- Is the answer to reducing congestion to be found in technology or regulatory solutions?
- How is Accessibility for All to be achieved?
- Does High Speed Rail provide environmental and practical solutions to efficient long-distance travel?
- How can fatalities be reduced through improved road safety measures?
Conference language: English
Further Information: http://abstracts.etcproceedings.org/about.php